Capital Area Coalition on Aging
REQUEST FOR INTEREST (RFI) and STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATION
Emergency Alert/Response Systems
The Area Agency on Aging for North Florida, Inc., dba Advantage Aging Solutions, is mandated to establish a comprehensive, coordinated system of services for persons aged 60 and older in its planning and service area. The primary goal is to enable older adults to remain within their homes and community environments for as long as possible and to avoid premature or unnecessary institutionalization through the provision of cost effective, high quality services.
Advantage Aging Solutions is requesting Letters of Interest including Statements of Qualification from established emergency alert/response providers. The specifications for prospective contractors are attached as Attachment I. The service area to be covered includes: Franklin, Gadsden, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Taylor and Wakulla Counties. Prospective contractors should include information as to whether they have the potential to serve the following additional counties: Bay, Calhoun, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, and Washington. The provision of these services shall be for the period of June 1, 2023 through December 31, 2029. Contracts may be renewed on a yearly basis for five additional years contingent upon satisfactory performance and availability of funds as determined by Advantage Aging Solutions.
The primary goal held in common by all the services identified through this Solicitation is to support aging in place by helping older persons maintain an optimal degree of independent living, with its corresponding quality of life, in a manner that preserves dignity and human connectedness. The common primary objective is to offer older persons and their caregivers access to programs and activities that will prevent unnecessary physical, emotional, health and financial dependence.
In addition to the specifications that must be met in Attachment I, the definition and guidelines that govern the activities conducted under this program are detailed in Attachment II, Emergency Alert/Response, Department of Elder Affairs (DOEA) 2020 Programs and Services Handbook.
The Letters of Interest and Statements of Qualification will provide Advantage Aging Solutions with information concerning the availability of qualified contractors for services in the Planning and Service Area (PSA). The information received from qualified contractors will be used to determine if a full Request for Proposal (RFP) is necessary (due to interest from two or more qualified service contractors) or if a sole source procurement process will be used.
The type of contract required for delivery of services shall be a fixed rate (unit cost) contract. Contracts may be amended during the course of the fiscal year to respond to any surplus/deficit to ensure that all funding is fully utilized.
Letters of Interest should be limited to a maximum of two (2) pages, each page shall be a single-sided 8 ½” by 11” sheet with at least 1” top and bottom margins and 1” right and left margins. Please include the following in your Letter of Interest:
- Corporate name, address, phone number, fax number, web site, e-mail address for your agency/organization, and contact person(s).
- Statement of Qualifications detailing the experience your organization has in delivering programs and services to older adults, age 60+ and caregivers.
- County (or Counties) of interest and service(s).
- A Statement of Qualifications will include information regarding experience the agency has in the provision of service(s) to elders, as well as the length of time (in years) the agency has worked to meet the needs of elders within the Planning and Service Area. The provider must may be a for profit or not-for-profit business registered with the State of Florida.
Letters of Interest must be submitted as follows (Deadline for receipt April 17, 2023, at 5:00 pm, EST):
- Two (2) copies in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
Director, Planning and Programs
Advantage Aging Solutions, the Area Agency on Aging for North Florida
2414 Mahan Drive
Tallahassee, Florida 32308
Each copy submitted must have a cover letter signed by an Authorized representative who shall certify that: “The information submitted is true, accurate and complete”.
An intentional misrepresentation or falsification may result in the rejection of the Letter of Interest.
The outer envelope and letters must be marked “2023 Letter of Interest for Emergency Alert/Response Service.
- Letters of Interest may be sent by U.S. Mail – Certified – Return Receipt Requested; hand delivered; or via courier or other source of express delivery excluding electronic mail.
- Letters of Interest must be received by 5:00 P.M. (EST) on April 17, 2023
- Faxed and e-mailed Letters of Interest will not be accepted. Late letters will be returned unopened with the notation, “This Letter of Interest was received after the delivery time designated for receipt and opening in the legal notice.” No response by the deadline specified shall constitute a “not interested response”.
Advantage Aging Solutions reserves the right to accept or reject any and all responses, and to waive any minor irregularity in what it believes to be in the best interest of the Area Agency on
Aging, the public, and those persons age 60 years or older residing in the Planning and Service Area. Advantage Aging Solutions does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this request for information or otherwise pay for the information solicited.
All questions or inquiries must be submitted in writing to Heather Kirwan, Director of Planning and Programs via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a reply